Recent Water Damage Posts
Keeping Social Distance in Palmdale Without Going Crazy
Our SERVPRO team members enjoy the Joe Davis Heritage Airpark.
Joe Davis Heritage Airpark in Palmdale is a Great Option as the Weather Cools Down
People in Palmdale and its surrounding areas can add one more offering to their stay-safe activities.
Now that the weather is becoming cooler, a short visit to the Joe Davis Heritage Airpark may provide just the right amount of open-air activity suitable for the whole family. Even though the Airpark is closed during the week, customers can enjoy a weekend visit to view retired aircraft and understand their place in history. During your stay, you can expect to:
- Understand how the aerospace industry impacts our region
- Learn about retired aircraft
- Enjoy the outdoors while seeing something different
- Choose to become more involved by donating to support the Airpark
SERVPRO of Palmdale North is vested in our community's well-being, and we show it every time you call us at (661) 526-3649. From providing water removal services to restoring your home after a fire, we are your ally. Much like the airplanes you'll encounter at the Airpark, we want to keep you safe and make your residence, "Like it never even happened."
Como Mantener la Distancia Social en Palmdale Sin Volverse Loco
Los miembros de nuestro equipo SERVPRO disfrutan del Joe Davis Heritage Airpark.
Joe Davis Heritage Airpark en Palmdale es una Gran Opción Durante el Otoño
Los residentes de Palmdale y sus alrededores pueden agregar una opción más a sus actividades seguras y distanciadas. Ahora que el clima se está enfriando un poco, una breve visita al Joe Davis Heritage Airpark puede brindar la cantidad justa de actividad al aire libre entretenida para toda la familia. Aunque el parque aéreo está cerrado durante la semana, los clientes pueden disfrutar de una visita de fin de semana para ver aviones retirados y comprender su lugar en la historia. Durante su visita, usted logrará:
- Entender cómo la industria aeroespacial impacta nuestra región.
- Obtenga información sobre aviones retirados
- Disfruta del aire libre mientras ve algo fuera de lo común
- Involucrarse más haciendo una donación para apoyar el Airpark
SERVPRO of Palmdale North se enfoca en el bienestar de nuestra comunidad y lo demostramos cada vez que nos llama al (661) 526-3649. Desde brindar servicios de remoción de agua hasta restaurar su hogar después de un incendio, somos su aliado en todo momento. Al igual que los aviones que encontrará en el Airpark, queremos mantenerlo a salvo y dejar su hogar como si nada hubiera pasado.
What Should I Do If My Hot Water Heater Leaks and the Floor in My Palmdale Pantry Gets Wet?
Call SERVPRO, we can help with your Palmdale hot water heater leak.
For Professional Water Mitigation Efforts After Your Water Heater in Your Palmdale Home Breaks and Leaks Call SERVPRO
Any appliance in your house in Palmdale that has water running in and out of it has the chance of malfunctioning and leaking. Sometimes your water heater will work fine for years, and then all of a sudden, a leak in the bottom of it develops. The water will then follow gravity and soak into your vinyl flooring and to the subfloor underneath it.
What can you do if my wood subflooring gets wet after my water heater leaks?
During most water mitigation cases in Palmdale, our SERVPRO technicians have to work towards restoring subfloors that have got wet. Most subfloors in residential buildings are either plywood or oriented strand board (OSB). Plywood is composed of multiple veneer panels bound together with a variety of resins and adhesives. OSB is manufactured similarly by binding strands and wood fibers together.
- Inspection Process: The best tool to use when inspecting wood subfloors is a penetrating moisture meter. The prongs of the instrument can be driven through carpet or vinyl flooring to see whether moisture traveled through the plywood or OSB. We can also use a hammer probe attachment to determine the moisture content in different levels of the subfloor being top, middle, and bottom. If, during the inspection, we notice that the subfloor is bowed or warped, then sections of your subfloor may have to be removed and replaced.
- Can Subfloors Be Restored?: Most wooden subfloors are durable and semi-porous, so they are considered restorable in most situations. Problems can occur if plywood or OSB stays wet for too long, but it can withstand moisture better than engineered wood. However, plywood can delaminate, OSB can disintegrate, and both can swell, warp, or buckle, which could cause them to have to be replaced.
- How to Dry it Out: Plywood and OSB can usually both be dried out efficiently using air movers and dehumidifiers, and in most cases, no specialty equipment is needed.
If you notice that your pantry floor is retaining moisture after your water heater leaks, call SERVPRO of Palmdale North at (661) 526-3649. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
What Precautions Are Taken with Contents from a Water-Damaged House in Palmdale?
Water damage in your home is not easy for you and your family to deal with alone. Contact SERVPRO for professional water damage remediation.
In our care, your belongings are carefully handled and meticulously restored to prepare them for their return to your Palmdale property when restoration completes.
It can be overwhelming to allow our qualified professionals to take your personal belongings to our nearby warehouse from your Palmdale home. The damage to your belongings can become severe without these needed steps, so we work quickly to begin the pack-out process when it gets deemed necessary. A thorough inspection of the property during a job scoping phase can identify when focused cleaning and restoration is required for your possessions outside of the house.
While there are many phases of water mitigation for Palmdale properties, few hold the gravity for the customer, like restoring their valuables and possessions. Personal belongings are what make a house home, so they play a critical role in the restoration to return your property to preloss condition. We carefully handle your items and focus on continuous solutions for monitoring the progress of rehabilitation and the location of your contents should you need to access them.
How Do We Prevent Item Loss?
Your belongings are a severe charge to our technicians and staff at the warehouse. Intricate cleaning and drying after a water loss event can have many of your belongings in various areas of our recovery rooms. From the need for deodorization and surface cleaning to thorough drying and storage, our knowledge about each item can provide peace of mind to our customers when they entrust us with their home's contents. Some of the strategies we employ to maintain awareness of the location and condition of materials include:
- Inventory Solutions
- Unique QR Codes Specific to Customers
- Continual Monitoring of Your Belongings
- Record Keeping of Location and Restoration Work Completed
Offsite restoration is often a need for personal belongings from your home after a loss incident. Our SERVPRO of Palmdale North team can help with careful handling and recovery of these items when you call (661) 526-3649.
Click here to learn more about Palmdale.
How Widespread is Water Damage in My Palmdale Home?
Palmdale Properties Owners Benefit from SERVPRO's Water Cleanup and Restoration Services--One Service--Great Result
Migrating Water Can Be a Substantial Threat after a Leak, and Our SERPVPRO Technicians Can Help
No two water loss incidents are the same from one Palmdale home to the next. Each of these circumstances is alike in one regard, however. Since a disaster first impacts a property, there is a finite timeline to resolve the pressing loss effects before irreparable damage occurs, and costlier reconstruction is necessary. In most situations, the first step in this process is identifying the spread and severity of migrating water.
Thoroughly evaluating the water damage in Palmdale homes as soon as our technicians arrive keeps the entire team on the same page with the restoration needs, equipment recommended, and personnel required. Our professionals have an extensive inventory of recovery tools at our disposal. When combined with our training through the standard-setting Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC), we can confidently make losses "Like it never even happened."
How Do I Learn Where the Damage Started?
Sometimes it can be challenging to identify the origin point of water damages. While you might be confident that the water comes from a broken portion of plumbing, or a leaking fixture on an appliance, without seeing the damage firsthand, it can be difficult to resolve. Our SERVPRO professionals can implement several strategies during the job scoping phase to identify precisely where the damage to your home started and the appropriate course of action to repair this breach. Some of these strategies include:
- Thermal Imagery - Infrared can detect changes in material temperatures. While this imagery can have false positives, often, a much cooler area during this search can narrow the field where a broken pipe or fixture might be.
- Surface Damage - In many ways, surface damage can often indicate the presence of water pooling in structural cavities. If drywall is damp to the touch without known water exposure, this can suggest an origin point.
- Controlled Demolition - If you suspect a specific area of your property to hide the plumbing break that led to widespread water damage, controlled demolition can help to reach the plumbing quickly without excessive material discarding.
What Extraction Tools Are Best for My House?
With water loss restoration, our responding technicians must first focus our mitigation efforts on removing surface water whenever possible. There are several extraction tools in our inventory, and all of them work differently to suit varying circumstances. Depending on the severity of the situation, we can choose among multiple reliable tools, including:
- Wet Vacuums - When pooling water does not exceed two inches in depth, it is best to use versatile machines like our wet vacuums. Not only can these mobile units quickly address standing water, but they can also support multiple attachments.
- Submersible Pumps - Water depths of more than two inches can benefit from the continual, quiet operation of submersible pumps. With both electric and gas-powered options, we can utilize these tools even with limited or non-existent power.
- Carpet Wands - As an extraction attachment, carpet wands work to pull moisture from the surface layer of carpeted flooring, though this suction can remove some water from the padding and underlayment as well.
How Do I Know the House is Dry?
Everyone would want some peace of mind for the price of professional restoration, even if your homeowner's insurance covered the work. One of the ways that our professionals can provide that is through double-checking our drying efforts with various tools and technologies. In a similar way to our identifying moisture pockets and dampness throughout the house when we first arrive at the property, there are moisture meters and detection tools that can help. Some of these include:
- Surface Moisture Meters
- Probing Detection Tools
- Thermal Imagery
What If Reconstruction is Necessary?
While it is always one of our aspirations to reduce the amount of controlled demolition and subsequent reconstruction, this is not always possible. However, having a team of licensed (#466729) contractors in-house can ensure that you do not wait for the repairs, build back, and temporary construction solutions that your property needs. These same building trade professionals can help to repair and replace damaged plumbing and fixtures in the earliest stages of mitigation.
No matter how severe water losses might initially appear, our SERVPRO of Palmdale North team can help. We have experienced technicians and cutting-edge equipment to return your property to preloss condition fast. Give us a call anytime at (661) 526-3649.