Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
How Common is Mold for Palmdale Homes?
Mold is surprisingly more common than many Palmdale homeowners might initially believe. With the higher humidity through the bulk of the year combined with many devastating storm systems that can result in flooding and structural damage, meeting the conditions for microbial growth is not a considerable challenge. When mold is discovered in the property, it is critical to act quickly to prevent the situation from worsening when the colonies continue to spread and migrate away from the origin point.
Where is Mold Growing in the House?
You might believe that mold exists, but you do not have an idea about the extent of this damage or threat. Even with surface colonies, higher volumes of fungal growth and microbial threats can exist in areas that are less trafficked or impossible to see without some degree of controlled demolition. Our SERVPRO team can help by utilizing advanced technologies to identify moisture pockets and probable growth areas using tools such as:
- Moisture Meters
- Thermal Imagery (Infrared)
How Does Remediation Work?
Remediation seeks to remove active colonization but does not happen with bold claims to remove all mold spores within the structure. We focus on the efforts to remove active organisms through several potential applications. Sanding and soda blasting can often protect the underlying material when surface mold exists. Controlled demolition can remove compromised construction materials when there is no other restorative solution, and our contractors can repair and replace these materials after mitigation.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (661) 526-3649
Microscopic mold spores exist almost everywhere, outdoors and indoors, making it impossible to remove all mold from a home or business. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove all mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Palmdale North?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
A minor mold problem can quickly become a major infestation if left untreated. We can start the remediation process immediately after you contact us. A faster response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
As water and mold damage specialists, we have the experience, the expertise, and the advanced training that enables us to get your property restored quickly and thoroughly.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our initial focus is to stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber. We invest in ongoing mold remediation training and the latest equipment to serve you better
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold infestation is different, from the amount of mold to the types of materials affected. Each scenario requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for a “typical” mold remediation infestation:
- Emergency Contact - (661) 526-3649
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
With sensational news stories and misleading advertising, you can easily understand why so many people are misinformed about indoor mold. Learn the facts about mold and the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Palmdale North is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are proud to provide mold remediation services in our local communities:
We are proud to serve our local communities: