Mold Remediation and Restoration
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any Size Disaster
- Highly Trained Mold Remediation Technicians
- Specialized Mold Remediation Equipment
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
How Common is Mold for Palmdale Homes?
Mold is surprisingly more common than many Palmdale homeowners might initially believe. With the higher humidity through the bulk of the year combined with many devastating storm systems that can result in flooding and structural damage, meeting the conditions for microbial growth is not a considerable challenge. When mold is discovered in the property, it is critical to act quickly to prevent the situation from worsening when the colonies continue to spread and migrate away from the origin point.
Where is Mold Growing in the House?
You might believe that mold exists, but you do not have an idea about the extent of this damage or threat. Even with surface colonies, higher volumes of fungal growth and microbial threats can exist in areas that are less trafficked or impossible to see without some degree of controlled demolition. Our SERVPRO team can help by utilizing advanced technologies to identify moisture pockets and probable growth areas using tools such as:
- Moisture Meters
- Thermal Imagery (Infrared)
How Does Remediation Work?
Remediation seeks to remove active colonization but does not happen with bold claims to remove all mold spores within the structure. We focus on the efforts to remove active organisms through several potential applications. Sanding and soda blasting can often protect the underlying material when surface mold exists. Controlled demolition can remove compromised construction materials when there is no other restorative solution, and our contractors can repair and replace these materials after mitigation.
If You See Signs of Mold,
Call Us Today – (661) 526-3649
Confusion and misunderstanding surround the topic of mold and mold remediation. Some restoration businesses even make claims to remove all mold from a building. This is a fallacy. Mold spores occur naturally almost everywhere, both indoors and outdoors. These microscopic spores float along in the air and can enter a home or business through windows and HVAC systems. Consider these facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Why Choose SERVPRO of Palmdale North?
We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster
In as little as 48 hours, a minor mold issue can quickly spread through a home or business. Once you contact us, we’re dedicated to starting the remediation process quickly. This fast response lessens the mold damage, limits additional damage, and reduces the remediation cost.
We’re Highly Trained Mold Remediation Specialists
We specialize in water and mold damage restoration, the cornerstone of our business. We have the training and expertise to safely handle any mold situation.
- Applied Microbial Remediation Specialist
- Water Damage Restoration Technician
- Applied Structural Drying Technician
We Use Advanced Mold Remediation Techniques and Equipment
Our advanced equipment helps to detect and stop the source of water feeding the mold. We then isolate the affected area using a negative air pressure chamber.
The Mold Remediation Process
Every mold damage scenario is different, and requires a unique solution, but the general mold remediation process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our “typical” process:
- Emergency Contact - (661) 526-3649
- Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
- Mold Containment
- Air Filtration
- Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Materials
- Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Common Mold Misconceptions
It’s easy to understand why many people struggle to grasp the facts and issues surrounding indoor mold because sensational news stories and advertising cloud and obscure the real issues. Educate yourself with the facts about mold and learn about the mold remediation process.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Palmdale North is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of the Palmdale community. When you have a water or mold damage issue, we’re already nearby and ready to help.
We are also part of a national network of over 1,700 SERVPRO Franchises and special Disaster Recovery Teams strategically located throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities: