Is There a Mold Remediation Company that Homeowners Can Trust to Do the Work Without the Hype?
Commitment to Transparent Communication and Integrity is Why SERVPRO Delivers Mold Remediation in Palmdale with Confidence and Success
If mold growth in your Palmdale home is scaring you, we want to help you understand household mold's reality and how it is best managed. Any mold removal company that claims to clear all the mold and spores out of your home is not truthful, as that type of control is available only in specialized circumstances -- usually laboratories and specific manufacturing sites. Maintaining a mold-free environment is not a reasonable goal because mold spores are everywhere, inside and outside. There are ways to manage the explosive growth of molds, which is why SERVPRO reaches out to educate and guide residential customers struggling with mold proliferation.
What Is the Most Sustainable Method to Manage Residential Mold Growth?
Simply put, to avoid the need for mold remediation in Palmdale is to eliminate moisture. Mold spores, when dry, drift unseen on air currents and settle on surfaces. When a spore absorbs moisture, it begins its life cycle, needing only oxygen and a bit of water to grow into large colonies. The window for mold to develop from spores already in a wet space is 24 to 48 hours. Avoiding mold growth is a primary reason we stress that water damage is mitigated and remediated fast, even in building cavities where it is often found deeply entrenched during a remodeling project or if staining or odors result in an investigation.
What Is the Procedure If Mold Does Take Hold Inside Your Home?
Note that we call our specialized mold experts mold remediators, not merely removers. The protocol we follow developed by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is the industry standard and termed "remediation," why SERVPRO echoes the term. Our remediation services include:
- Locating the mold (we can arrange for expensive testing, but your observations and our experience usually leads us to the outbreak)
- Containing the affected space by wrapping in 1.6 mil polyethylene and installing air scrubbers
- Mechanically removing the mold with brushes and scrapers
- Cutting out irremediable porous materials -- although many surfaces can be saved through innovations like soda and dry ice blasting, removing the visible growth and destroying the embedded hyphae
- Vacuuming and wiping up residues before bagging and disposing of moldy materials as hazardous waste
- Applying surface EPA-registered antimicrobials
Honesty and a proven method that is the industry best practice is why SERVPRO of Palmdale North is a go-to for area residents contending with mold issues. Call (661) 526-3649 for a consultation.